1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Really cool barn pens for fowl

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Carrosaur, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    This is where Udder Chaos Farms just moved their fowl into for the night, thought I would share!! It's really cool and beautiful! If you're on Facebook I suggest you follow them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DoubletakeFarm

DoubletakeFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2013
    NE Ohio
    That's similar to how I have my breeding pens for my chickens. I used plastic garden fence for the sides since I could just staple it up. Also I raised the doors up enough for the chickens and ducks to get under. I have a board for each pen that I screw in the bottom when I'm using them in the summer for separating the breeders and I take the board off in the winter so everyone can come and go as they please. Works out really well. You can see what I'm talking about with the board below:

[​IMG]

3. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Really cool! I have a lot of pictures saved of all the kinds of ideas I want to do if I ever move to a place with a barn, can I save that?

4. DoubletakeFarm

DoubletakeFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2013
    NE Ohio
    Absolutely! I got the idea from someone else's pic here on BYC, Lol.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @DoubletakeFarm that is some very nice work.

6. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN

Thank you!

7. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    The white wall, and new boards (they might want to seal them)....won't be that color for long[​IMG] Ducks have "Squirt-poo" !. Looks like they are using sand , not a bad idea, but it is so gray, hope it isn't toxic....since they will eat some. Also notice no waterpans....which would 'discolor the walls pretty quick ,as they fling it everywhere[​IMG]... but I know how nasty mine can get overnight on rubber mats and river rock.... I hose mine daily or EOD, and it is on a slope, which helps.
    It does look lovely, all new and shiny....[​IMG]

8. Carrosaur

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN

Oh yes I hope by the time I have my own house they invent something that duck and goose poop won't stain..!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by