Really cool game for kids trying to learn multiplication tables

ArizonaNessa

Joyfully Addicted
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Texas
My oldest son's teacher gave us this website. It is an actual video game that the kids can play and learn the tables. It's not a rinky dink flash thing. It is an actual video game. I thought it was worth posting because I know that some kids struggle a lot with this including my own. There is a free version that teaches 2's through 12's and a pay version that is more in depth. We are currently using the free version for my youngest son because he is just getting started.

www.timezattack.com

Here is the video tour so you can actually watch the game to decide if it is for you or not.

http://www.bigbrainz.com/VideoTour.html

I wanted to add that the entire download and installation for me was all of ten minutes. I just have a regular cable modem connection. There are versions for Mac as well as Windows
frow.gif

Last edited:
There's also funbrain.com, coolmath4kids.com, mymathgames.com, gameaquarium.com etc. I'll see what I else I can find. I taught the computer class at my kid's school and these were just some of the sites, along with timezattack that we used to use. I don't know if you are doing typing with your kids but we used Mavis Beacon and BBC Typing http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/.
smile.png

Oh and another thing I use is the kidzui browser. My son is not allowed to click on the mozilla or internet explorer icons because of pop ups, ads, and access to websites that I do not allow in my home. This browser does it all for you and parents even get a custom email listing all the places your child has been. If they attempt to go to an unapproved website it will give the child a message stating that it is not allowed and you as a parent can customize it as you would like it as well.
Your child will have his or her very own special K icon on the desktop

www.kidzui.com

Last edited:
We have timezattack, and my son was afraid of the oger. sigh. i think it was really the sevens times table.
Brain pop is a lot of fun. They let you on for 14(?) days free.
If i was a rich girl, we'd get it.

Ok my 7 yr old second grader who has never seen multiplication tables finally got home from school and flew through the first three levels like it was nothing. I am totally impressed with the timezattack game. Hopefully this will help him when the time comes to learn them in school.
wee.gif

Okay yesterday was the first time we used the timezattack and my 7 yr old played it for about an hour. He got frustrated at first because he was trying to add and not multiply but that only lasted about ten minutes. I went to take care of the chickens and came back and he was so into it he didn't even see me come in the room. Anyway it was bath and off to bed. Today he had a dental appt. and after I took him to get some lunch. Sitting at the table he looks up and says , " Mom I bet you didn't know that 12 times 9 is 108!" I was like
ep.gif
Seriously I didn't expect him to get much past 2's. I am thinking of getting the advanced version too.

Back
Top Bottom