Really disappointed :(

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cthrash1, Aug 8, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I made up a luscious concoction of strawberries, bananas, and vanilla yogurt in hopes of getting to witness the shower and chaos that is supposed to go along with feeding it to the chickens. Well, as it happens, my chickens just had to turn out being the prissy type and just picked gently and took out the fruit to eat then ate the yogurt as if they were drinking water. No major disaster...I was really disappointed. [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Ungrateful wenches!!!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Try using Greek style yogurt or yogurt cheese. It really gums up their beaks. There's always lots of head shaking and everyone ends up covered in yogurt.

4. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Yeah, sometimes they can really surprise you by their changing tastes. My girls used to LOVE strawberries and frozen grapes. The last two times I worked hard to prepare a treat, they kind of turned their beaks up at it!

Two-faced chickens!

5. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    LOL...Thanks I knew you all would understand...DH just shook his head and laughed at me. He just doesn't get it [​IMG] .

6. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Every morning I mix up some yogurt and rice cereal together for my human infants, but there is always leftovers after the girls have their way with it. I take it out to the feathered kids and they go NUTZ! THey make more of a mess with it than the babies do!

7. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Did they at least show their appreciation by using your pant legs as napkins to wipe their beaks? [​IMG]

8. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Mine are picky in the summer when they range-prefer slugs and I guess I should be grateful!

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I can't believe they would cheat you out of that experience! You know as soon as you turned your back they were laughing, right!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by