Really hard decisoion...

MamaMarcy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Snohomish, WA
I've decided to finish hatching what's in the incubator (2 weeks left?) then put the LG away for awhile. My 8 yo called me a chicken hoarder this morning.

tongue.gif

I can probably use the break, and the LG can probably use the break, and I guess my son could use the break.

This isn't going to be easy.

I feel your pain.
hit.gif
My last hatch was November 30th and I won't start up the incubator again until February 10th. I thought I would give it a break during the cold months, but it is so hard to wait.

I wonder if we should find a 12 step group program for you. ;)

lau.gif

What would we call it?? EHF (egg hatching fools) or HA! (Hatchers Anonymous) Oh, here's one. BOB (birds or bust)

I'll start...

Hi. My name is Tanya. I love chickens. I now have a bator. I'm an addict. No, I don't want to quit. So, now what? LOL

Oh Marcy, one more thing. I actually SAW a horder on Animal Hoarding. Yeah, Dude had DOZENS of chickens in his house and some outside. The only thing holding the house together was the POOP. Find that on Animal planet on the puter and show that to your son. LOL Guaranteed he'll stop calling you a hoarder. :)

Oh trust me he's seen that episode
lau.gif

The chickens are only in the house if they are 1) in an egg or 2) just hatched or 3) getting a bath

No chicken poop holding together this house.
idunno.gif

Now my 7 yo is being so obnoxious that I am about to...go outside and spend time with my chickens.
hide.gif
(different kid...I have 3 human offspring)

I have only one. He's 9.... going on 30. But he can throw a tantrum to make a 3 year old proud.
roll.png

And more than once I've hidden from my child. LOL I homeschool so breaks are FEW. LOL

Yeah my 8 yo is going on 30 too, and can put a 2 yo to shame if things go wrong for him
lol.png
He's been a drama king since he was a tadpole in the womb. It doesn't help that he's about 4'6" and just over 100 pounds.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom