Really hard decisoion...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MamaMarcy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I've decided to finish hatching what's in the incubator (2 weeks left?) then put the LG away for awhile. My 8 yo called me a chicken hoarder this morning.

[​IMG]

I can probably use the break, and the LG can probably use the break, and I guess my son could use the break.

This isn't going to be easy.

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    I feel your pain. [​IMG] My last hatch was November 30th and I won't start up the incubator again until February 10th. I thought I would give it a break during the cold months, but it is so hard to wait.

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I wonder if we should find a 12 step group program for you. ;)

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I hid my incubator last fall and swore not to get it out until March - so far it is working [​IMG]

5. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina

[​IMG]

What would we call it?? EHF (egg hatching fools) or HA! (Hatchers Anonymous) Oh, here's one. BOB (birds or bust)

I'll start...

Hi. My name is Tanya. I love chickens. I now have a bator. I'm an addict. No, I don't want to quit. So, now what? LOL

6. Fly Be Free

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    Oh Marcy, one more thing. I actually SAW a horder on Animal Hoarding. Yeah, Dude had DOZENS of chickens in his house and some outside. The only thing holding the house together was the POOP. Find that on Animal planet on the puter and show that to your son. LOL Guaranteed he'll stop calling you a hoarder. :)

7. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Oh trust me he's seen that episode [​IMG]

The chickens are only in the house if they are 1) in an egg or 2) just hatched or 3) getting a bath

No chicken poop holding together this house. [​IMG]

Now my 7 yo is being so obnoxious that I am about to...go outside and spend time with my chickens. [​IMG] (different kid...I have 3 human offspring)

8. Fly Be Free

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    I have only one. He's 9.... going on 30. But he can throw a tantrum to make a 3 year old proud. [​IMG]

And more than once I've hidden from my child. LOL I homeschool so breaks are FEW. LOL

9. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL- We homeschooled too. You are allowed to hide sometimes. My babies are 17, after about 20 years I'm finished!

10. MamaMarcy

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Yeah my 8 yo is going on 30 too, and can put a 2 yo to shame if things go wrong for him [​IMG] He's been a drama king since he was a tadpole in the womb. It doesn't help that he's about 4'6" and just over 100 pounds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by