REALLY?!?!? Help please! Pics for pity

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hollymh, Apr 7, 2011.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I was putting my cats brand new food in the container in the laundry room and as I dumped it I noticed bugs in the food, maybe weevils?! I have NO cat food in the house and it's 11:20pm here so I cant get anything until tmrw evening when my husband gets home, is it okay to feed them the food? I haven't given them any since I found the bugs and tossed the whole container outside. Should I be concered about any health problems now? My cats are strictly indoors so they aren't on any preventative meds.

I did give them some cooked meat, but aside of that I have nothing besides that to feed them for 12-16hrs. Poor kittys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I'd let the cats decide. Cooked meat is gonna make your litter box reek. Whew! Poor kitties, they do look like they are patiently waiting, and waiting... don't they?

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I wouldn't be worried. My cat has consumed her weight in bugs that she's found around the house, mostly spiders and the occasional earwig. I appreciate her bug killing services, since it saves me the trouble...

For a few meals cooked meat won't be an issue until you get more cat food. But for long term, cooking destroys the essential amino acid taurine, which cats need. Without it, they develop many problems, such as blindness and heart problems. Not to mention, it doesn't have all they need, since a true raw diet includes organs, bones, in addition to muscle meats.

4. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    They're so pretty! Your camera takes AMAZING pictures!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:lol don't they? So funny, any ideas on snacks, the bugs just freaked me out, I mean they were infesting the food!!! [​IMG] we live in the tropics and have a hard time controlling pest. Luckily only outside, they seem to never come in, THANK GOODNESS!!!

6. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Scramble up some eggs—you DO have eggs, don't you?—mix in some cooked rice for filler. You can add hamburger or whatever, too. My cats would be throwing themselves down on the floor meowing pitifully because they are STARVING!

7. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:THEY ARE LOL sooo horrible, you would think I starve them! I DOOO have eggs, lots of them too! [​IMG] The black and white one is a big dummy and sweet as they make them and he thinks I'm toruturing(sp? it's late ok?) him lol

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I'm a photographer lol and thank you [​IMG]

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I'm a photographer lol and thank you [​IMG]

they are!!! so crisp and sharp I love them!!!

10. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    No tuna? I usually have a couple spare cans around. Poor starving kitties. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by