Really hoping these are pullets....any guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by feathersandlace, Jun 17, 2017.

1. feathersandlace

feathersandlace Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    My newest flock members are 1 Blue Andalusian and 2 Cochin Bantams. They are all 6 weeks old and almost fully feathered. I see the tiniest bit of a comb on all 3 and only the cochins are just starting to show signs of wattle growth. My only concern is that someone said that they thought my BA looked like a roo at 5 weeks and I see the tiniest bit of pink in the cochins wattles. Really hoping that they are pullets and not cockerels.

Any guesses? I know it's still a bit early but if they are roos I want time to rehome them.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Here's my Blue Andalusian:
    Chicks BA.jpg Chicks BA2.jpg

My 2 Cochin Bantams:

Chicks bantam 2.jpg Chicks Bantam.jpg

These were the best pics I could get right now as they weren't all that cooperative. I can post more later if needed.

Sarah

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You might have to wait a bit longer to be sure, but I see all pullets for now.

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    x2
    Bantam Cochins particularly broadcast early for males, so I think you can be pretty confident by 6 weeks of age that you've got pullets...another couple of weeks and you can probably breathe a sigh of relief.
    The Andalusian is looking pullet as well, but those you may have to watch a bit longer.

LofMc

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    pullets and your cochins are gorgeous!

5. feathersandlace

feathersandlace Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    Thank you drumstick diva! The cochins are my girls 4H projects.

Thank you for all the input! I've been thinking pullets (they were sexed pullets but I know that means nothing) so I feel better right now. That may change in the future but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Lol

6. sassysarah123

sassysarah123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Pullets. So adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by