Really hoping these are pullets....any guesses?

feathersandlace

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
My newest flock members are 1 Blue Andalusian and 2 Cochin Bantams. They are all 6 weeks old and almost fully feathered. I see the tiniest bit of a comb on all 3 and only the cochins are just starting to show signs of wattle growth. My only concern is that someone said that they thought my BA looked like a roo at 5 weeks and I see the tiniest bit of pink in the cochins wattles. Really hoping that they are pullets and not cockerels.

Any guesses? I know it's still a bit early but if they are roos I want time to rehome them.

20170617_111219_zpsdbu9vepi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Here's my Blue Andalusian:
Chicks BA.jpg
Chicks BA2.jpg

My 2 Cochin Bantams:

Chicks bantam 2.jpg
Chicks Bantam.jpg

These were the best pics I could get right now as they weren't all that cooperative. I can post more later if needed.

Sarah

Lady of McCamley

Free Ranging
10 Years
Mar 19, 2011
NW Oregon
x2
Bantam Cochins particularly broadcast early for males, so I think you can be pretty confident by 6 weeks of age that you've got pullets...another couple of weeks and you can probably breathe a sigh of relief.
The Andalusian is looking pullet as well, but those you may have to watch a bit longer.

LofMc

feathersandlace

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
Thank you drumstick diva! The cochins are my girls 4H projects.

Thank you for all the input! I've been thinking pullets (they were sexed pullets but I know that means nothing) so I feel better right now. That may change in the future but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Lol

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom