Really hoping these are pullets....any guesses?

feathersandlace

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
My newest flock members are 1 Blue Andalusian and 2 Cochin Bantams. They are all 6 weeks old and almost fully feathered. I see the tiniest bit of a comb on all 3 and only the cochins are just starting to show signs of wattle growth. My only concern is that someone said that they thought my BA looked like a roo at 5 weeks and I see the tiniest bit of pink in the cochins wattles. Really hoping that they are pullets and not cockerels.

Any guesses? I know it's still a bit early but if they are roos I want time to rehome them.

20170617_111219_zpsdbu9vepi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Here's my Blue Andalusian:
Chicks BA.jpg
Chicks BA2.jpg

My 2 Cochin Bantams:

Chicks bantam 2.jpg
Chicks Bantam.jpg

These were the best pics I could get right now as they weren't all that cooperative. I can post more later if needed.

Sarah

x2
Bantam Cochins particularly broadcast early for males, so I think you can be pretty confident by 6 weeks of age that you've got pullets...another couple of weeks and you can probably breathe a sigh of relief.
The Andalusian is looking pullet as well, but those you may have to watch a bit longer.

LofMc

Thank you drumstick diva! The cochins are my girls 4H projects.

Thank you for all the input! I've been thinking pullets (they were sexed pullets but I know that means nothing) so I feel better right now. That may change in the future but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom