Really Hoping to Find Answers!

chickneggs

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2013
UpNorth ☀️
I went out tonight to shut the coop, to find one of my new chickens still dustbathing... :( Turns out, her leg isn't working. I picked her up and put her in the coop and she can only limp once on her wings and other foot, to fall forward on her face. I just got this chicken this past Tuesday, with her sister (who is doing great!). She was the aggressive one out of the two, but I found no wounds on her. What could be wrong with her?? These two chickens were accepted into my flock, no problem and to run into a health issue so quickly is heartbreaking. I keep the coop cleaned regularly and the other sister I adopted is doing fine. I do not have a place to separate her tonight, so I'm hoping someone may have a hopeful answer... I definitely don't want the rest of my flock in danger too.

And I apologize for the photos. The heat lamp doesn't help with photos. Hoping definition can still be seen.

Attachments

• 153ADA34-6242-4894-91CA-BDA3E59CEA0A_1_201_a.jpeg
    153ADA34-6242-4894-91CA-BDA3E59CEA0A_1_201_a.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 32
  • F54B97B4-B52B-42F9-933C-1473C1F9C071_1_201_a.jpeg
    F54B97B4-B52B-42F9-933C-1473C1F9C071_1_201_a.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 25
Does she have scaly leg, It can cause chickens to be limp. Can you feel anything off about her leg?

The scales on her legs don't look abnormal. it seems to be fine looking; just not moving. I did just confirm with a friend who adopted two other chickens (from the same flock), that her chickens are doing good as well. So it only seems to be one [not doing good] out of the four that were re-homed.

The scales on her legs don't look abnormal. it seems to be fine looking; just not moving. I did just confirm with a friend who adopted two other chickens (from the same flock), that her chickens are doing good as well. So it only seems to be one [not doing good] out of the four that were re-homed.
I am so sorry to hear that, hope it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom