Really Light Brahmas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ajc123, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ajc123

ajc123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Hi, I ordered nine chickens from MPC about two weeks ago. Three of which were supposed to be Light Brahmas, and although I'm sure they're Brahmas (legwarmers!), I am starting to wonder whether or not they're going to feather out as the Light Brahmas I ordered. What do you guys think?

When Dotte was about one week old:
    [​IMG]

And Ida:
    [​IMG]

And Dotte again:
    [​IMG]

At two weeks, Dotte:
    [​IMG]

Ida at two weeks:
    [​IMG]

I'd put up pictures of Perch, the third Brahma, but she basically looks identical to Ida.

2. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    I'm not sure. My light brahma was completely yellow as a chick. As she got older she had some dark feathers in her wings and then after she feathered in completely she had the white feathers with black around her neck and in her tail. Sorry that was not much help...maybe someone else with more experience with the breed will come along.
    Billie Jo

edited to add: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  3. NewHen

NewHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Here's my light brahma as a chick. Feathers really go through a lot of changes as they age.

[​IMG]

4. ajc123

Jul 13, 2010
    Quote:Thanks so much! They look really similar to your chick-- just wanted to be sure. [​IMG] Mind posting pictures of him/her at an older stage? Brahma-obsessed. lol.

5. NewHen

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Quote:Thanks so much! They look really similar to your chick-- just wanted to be sure. [​IMG] Mind posting pictures of him/her at an older stage? Brahma-obsessed. lol.

This is the same bird as that chick photo...I think I took it over a month or so ago and this chick hatched in mid March.

[​IMG]

6. ajc123

Jul 13, 2010
    What a beautiful bird! Thanks so much. [​IMG]

7. NewHen

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm not sure our LB is a great example of a LB. She has gotten huge in the last month though. I'll try to snap a pic later this week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by