1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

REALLY Long Distance Egg Shipping!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by alohachickens, Dec 14, 2007.

1. alohachickens

alohachickens Songster

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi! I just joined today and am glad to find a spot for my hard-to-answer questions!

Here's one I've been so curious about. I see some nifty breeds and colors only found on web sites from UK/Europe - stuff that isn't available here.

So, has anyone ever tried to hatch eggs from chickens REALLY far away? Is that totally impossible? Just curious!

I know Global Priority costs a fortune, but could it be done? Or has this been done before, already?

Thanks!

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It is illegal to import eggs without proper licensing...and that is expensive. Generally not worth the risk or costs involved and the odds of something hatching would be pretty poor as well.

Jody

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have read a few post of some people from the UK hathing USA eggs. The best thing is to try and find eggs locally or close to where you are.

BTW welcome to the BYC forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: