Really Loud Polish Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MuckyPuppy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    My Pekins are lovely, quiet and friendly. My Bantam Orps are bossy, don't like to be held but relatively quiet. My Polish are friendly but really REALLY LOUD. In the morning, CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP - Let us outside. After and hour or two outside, CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP - I want attention. In the evening, CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP - Bring us inside. Once inside, CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP - I can't get comfortable. Then it starts all over again. Don't get me wrong the two Polish I have are lovely and sweet. They love to perch on our hands and follow us around but are they always going to be this loud? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh my! I have 23 chickens, and a few are Polish. The Polish are not what I'd call unusually noisey. BUT, I do have a few hens that are very well, VOCAL! One in particular complains and grumbles all the time as she walks around the yard. She is just so funny! Another little hen that I call Petite Miss, (she's a Cream Brabanter), will just chatter non stop everytime she sees me outside. I HAVE to hold her otherwise she will fly onto my head.

So, I don't think it's necessarily a breed thing, but an individual chicken thing........You may be stuck with a couple of noisey Polish, but maybe they will become more quiet as they grow, but....

ONLY TIME WILL TELL! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Chattering would be good. Complaining and grumbling would be ok but this is nails on chalkboard stuff. I mean it is a HIGH pitched constant shreaking that drills into our ears and right through our brains. Maybe it is our fault as they are very spoiled chicks and Polish have been favorites as they both have wonderful personalities. During the day they are fine if we are constantly outside and within their view whenever they decide to check but goodness help us if they can't see one of us. We love the rotten things but I would rather listen to a jackhammer, siren and a cannon booming all at the same time than them in full voice.

Forgot to add: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yep, That's about how irritating it is. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Forgot - Forgot to add: Thank you for your response (So sorry for forgeting to thank you. The Polish have vibrated my brain to mush.) [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I've had a total of about 7 polish so far and all of them have been chatty like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by