1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Really Love You All

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickiebaby, Sep 13, 2008.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Sick as a dog as I write this, though I wouldn't wish this on any dog or any other living thing. It's pertussis.

You all are really about my favorite people, even the gun-totin', Palin-supportin', oil-drillin', anti-sex-ed, anti-evolution crowd out there, with whom I probably have nothing in common EXCEPT chickens. But I feel like you are all my family.

Anyway, we've kind of quarantined ourselves, here at my house, as it takes quite a while to get the lab results back and see if this is really what we have. So I'm home all day at the computer and of course you know what I am doing with my time other than coughing all over the keyboard and wiping it down again and again.

Between spastic coughing fits, I keep coming back to BYC and I just love all of you, I really do.

Ack. Enough blubbering, chickiebaby. . . . gonna go take another shower and see if that helps for while. Thanks for all the kind wishes.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i know we have different views, but i will pray for your healing! God bless and be well!

lots of steam, fluids and rest.

love and hugs all around!

3. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    Hi - hope you get over this crud really fast, and that nobody else gets it. It's the pits being sick, especially now that we're finally getting some nice weather.

Take care...at least it might get you out of doing the dishes, [​IMG]

4. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    Chickiebaby, if you need anything from the outside world let me know! I'll drop it off on your front porch. Feel better!!!!

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Jessica, thank you - though I think that must have been a joke. where do you live, in Arkansas or Bombay or something?! You're a sweetheart, wherever you are.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, gee, please feel better soon! That is rough, I know. Yep, I think all types are represented in the BYC family room and we may have nothing in common except our love of chickens, but that's fine. You take care now.

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Get Well soon (((((hugs)))))) ......

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I hope you feel better soon! As long as you have Internet you have human contact, well quasi-human in some cases![​IMG]

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Pertussis?? Don't they still give vaccination shots for that anymore? My kids had to have them before they let them in school.

10. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    Quote:Well, no. I live in Northampton! :)

(I think you live here, too. If not...know that I would have brought you anything you needed, if you did.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by