Really need help to figure out what type of chickens I have new pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by schellie69, Oct 20, 2009.

1. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Here are pictures of the chickens I am wondering about any help would be appreciated. thank you
    The red ones are not bantams but standard size the white/tan/black are the bantams that lay blue/green eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Picture three looks like EE or Americauna! Sorry! Thats all iknow...

3. schellie69

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I think the 4 white/mix colored bantams are americans they have the same face, the 2 laying down I thought might be New hampshire reds, but not sure either it really does not matter I have no roo's but would still like to know in case I want to start breeding

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    It is hard to see in the pictures, but the lighter cream colored ones are probably EEs (Easter Eggers) since they lay blue/green eggs. I am not sure about the red ones.

Just FYI: I doubt they are Ameraucana's since the true pure breds are rare and you'd have to go through a breeder to get them. The "Ameraucana/Arauacana"s that the hatcheries sell are easter eggers (mutts with some ameraucana blood that lay easter egg colored eggs).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I would say the white ones are EasterEggers (NOT ameraucanas, they arent truly white from what I can see in the photos, and do not look like any color ameraucanas come in.)

I have no clue about the other, as I am not very familiar with bantams.

6. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    they are non-standard ameraucanas. i have a hen that looks just like that.

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    The one are defenitly "Ameraucanas" they are Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers are Ameraucanas but they can lay any color egg. You have Easter Eggers. As for the others they look like Red Sexlinks.

8. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Quote:Woah..wait,wait,wait..Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers are not the same thing. There has been much discussion about this in the breeds section.
    See the sticky at the top.
    I vote for EE.

9. schellie69

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Okay can some one please explain what it means by Americana, Easter egg I am confused, my Bantams have the face of an Americana chicken they do not look like the Easter egg chickens that I have seen I am really confused by this can some one clarify for me I am going to put up a couple of more pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These 2 laying down are standard size chickens and lay light brown eggs
    [​IMG]

10. jqs birds

jqs birds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Western Colorado
    Could be salmon favorelles too, especially with them all being the same color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by