Really, no one has ducklings? PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 22, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I was hoping I could find something relatively local before purchasing from a hatchery [​IMG] No one has ANYTHING? (no scovies or runners please)

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Well, I should have a few pretty soon.

Some mixes, some could possibly have scovy and cayuga in them, taking on the look of a cayuga, and some others.

Don't know if you're interested, but I will have some soon.

$3.00 each.

3. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    Ihave 1 runner laying and seh has a BF (mallard) but no way am I letting them hatch! I have a yard full of ducks- YOu want them?????

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I don't want any scovie crosses, since I'd like to hatch eggs from the birds. Do you have any mutts without scovy in them?

5. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:In South Carolina? [​IMG] I can't drive that far, DH works nights 7 days a week, 14 hour shifts... he might need the only car we have.

Thanks for the offer though.

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:In South Carolina? [​IMG] I can't drive that far, DH works nights 7 days a week, 14 hour shifts... he might need the only car we have.

Thanks for the offer though.

I think maybe she meant the eggs? Those could be shipped. [​IMG] Good luck getting duckies. [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Yeah, wow. Holy blonde moment. I didn't even think of that. [​IMG]

8. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I don't want any scovie crosses, since I'd like to hatch eggs from the birds. Do you have any mutts without scovy in them?

At the moment, I only have 2, not mutts though, a rouen and a swedish, both crested... but I plan on keeping them because both of their parents went missing... and the parents were my only cresteds.

At the moment, no other mixes or pure breds available. The only other kind of hen I have is a runner, and you didn't want any runners, plus she hasn't laid a batch of eggs since she hatched her last batch.

I'm sorry.

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA

At the moment, I only have 2, not mutts though, a rouen and a swedish, both crested... but I plan on keeping them because both of their parents went missing... and the parents were my only cresteds.

At the moment, no other mixes or pure breds available. The only other kind of hen I have is a runner, and you didn't want any runners, plus she hasn't laid a batch of eggs since she hatched her last batch.

I'm sorry.

That's alright. It's been such a hassle trying to find ducks, maybe now just isn't the right time. I supposedly have Caygua eggs coming sometime within the next month, so I'll settle with that.
    Thanks again [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Yeah, wow. Holy blonde moment. I didn't even think of that. [​IMG]

LOL....hey, I have a constant supply of "blonde moments"....and I am a brunette!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by