Really Quick Answer Please!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aubreynoramarie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    since im leaving for work in ten minutes...

just got some eggs, they had been sitting overnight in the box, not in a carton upside down. pulled em out and unwrapped them. can i put em in the bator or do they have to sit usidedown in the carton as well for ANOTHER 12 hours?

2. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I would rest them aircells up at least until you get home. Just my cautious opinion.

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    okay thank you...that means i will have eggs in the bator about 10 hours apart. is that okay for lockdown day?

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I would put them in the bator with the others now but switch the turner off for a day. Start turning them tomorrow.

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    okay well i dont have a turner so that should be easy peasy

6. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I agree with Aceschix. Best to let them sit in the proper position as long as you can (12 hours would be good) before starting the developement. On the other hand, there are people who skip the orientation period all together and still have some hatch! Good luck and try to stay patient! [​IMG]

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:Are they laying flat on the bator floor then? If that is the case then I would go ahead and rest them out of the bator then. Sorry! [​IMG]

The 10 hours difference won't really matter.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  8. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i read in a really old poultry book in my ag class, that you should leave them upside down for about twelve hours, then make them right side up, and put them in the incubator

9. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    lol okay okay, they are back in the cartons bottom up...thank you! off to work nothing i can do now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by