Really Steamed here

neferset

Songster
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
Western North Carolina
Ok, I'm going to keep it clean and nice, even though I'm really, really annoyed.

The house next door is for sale and a white van just drove up my driveway. I was out collecting eggs and making sure Katie Goat, who was trimming the shrubs on the edge of the driveway, had enough water (she needed some, she knocks the bucket over all the time). The white van was coming up fast so I grabbed Katie's baby Bonny and pulled Katie out of the way.

The man stopped and if it was my house or the house on the other side. I told the man, "Neither" and pointed out which one. He asked permission to turn around in our driveway and I granted it, but asked that he watch out for the chickens and the cages. He laughed and told me in his experience chickens will get out of the way.

He pulls up past our front yard coup, further than he should have to. I noticed he was having trouble so I let go of Katie and went to see what was going on. He had hit one of our small carry cages and hooked it under his front bumper. I saw it and yelled what had happened. So he comes out and I tell him to back up. He tells it won't work and stomps my cage. I tell him to stop while it's still fixable, but he ignores me and keeps stomping it. He then tells the guy in the car that he has to drive over it to flatten it (meanwhile I'm still yelling at him to stop stomping my cage and please back off of it). He then tells me he'll give me $10 for it, which I tell him won't pay for it (it won't). He gets into the van and drives over it (with me still trying to tell him not to), finishes turning around, and speeds off narrowly missing Katie Goat.

I should have gotten the license plate number. Instead, I just shouted obscenities at him when I realized he was pulling out of my driveway. If he ever shows up again, I'm calling the cops. I sincerely hope he does not become my neighbor.

*pours cold water over her head*

Last edited:
Thanks!

I don't think the cage bothered me quite as much as the fact that he totally ignored me and acted like he had the right to destroy it, simply because he had hit it in the first place.

I'm just glad there were no fatalities. And I'm glad I didn't childishly throw eggs at his van. Instead they are safely in the incubator.

*nod* Hopefully the one name he doesn't ever deserve is "neighbor." Wouldn't that just take the cake? I live in a nice neighborhood with mainly good people. We don't need his kind around here.

I really hope the house next door is too expensive or not the right fit or that he doesn't want to move next to chickens and goats. (I have some roosters with great sets of lungs.)

I still would file a police report just in case this fool does unfortunately become your neighbor.
barnie.gif
Prayers sent that he will not.

Back
Top Bottom