1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Really weird sound/observation coming from 6 week chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by theacw, Jun 13, 2011.

1. theacw

theacw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    MN
    Ok so this probably sounds really weird but I can hear the strangest noise coming from both of my chicks! It sounds exactly like a light bon fire or if you were sauteeing something in a pan or boiling water. Its really hard hard to describe but its a fuzzy/crackeling noise. I cannot tell where its coming form, but if I would have to guess, I would say there little behinds! Its decently loud where I can hear it a few feet away.

What the heck is it?!?! Its so weird.

Their poo has been extra liquidy these past few days too.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. chickmama320

chickmama320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Back Swamp NC
    Okay, thismay sound weird, but a couple years ago, my fuzzies had mites. When I treated them with the mite powder I started hearing a crackling noise. Didn't notice it before I treated them though (it was like as the mites were dying). Not saying that's what it is, but that is the only time I heard a weird noise like that.

3. theacw

theacw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    MN
    hmmm hopefully not. What are the chances of mites when they have been indoors since day one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by