1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

REALLY WEIRD "SWAP" REQUEST....you guys are gonna think I'm nuts...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bugladyleah, Jun 17, 2008.

1. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey everyone...I have enjoyed swapping so much for goodies, I thought I would try to get some things that I actually need by swapping! I am looking for summer maternity clothes, esp. shorts (not shorty-shorts...a respectable length), tanks, T-shirts, casual skirts...stuff I can just wear around with flip-flops. I am in the medium range, maybe larges for shirts, depending on cut. (You know you start out in smalls and wind up in larges....at least I did last time!!) I can trade: fall/winter maternity clothes in sm/med/some large....eggs (see our birds at www.popsonfarm.com) and I have a few plants/bulbs/rhizomes (purple iris, yellow daylilies). Let me know what you have. Pics would be great. Feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks!!!

Leah

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

This is a good idea...I don't have maternity clothes but If I did I would pass them on to you.

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Do you know about freecycle?

Wherever you live, just try freecycle.org, find your most local group and go! You can post an "offered" or a "wanted" for just bout anything. Maternity clothes are a super easy item becasuse nobody needs them forever (tho in your ninth month you might FEEL like you will!). We gave away so much stuff when we renovated this house and got so much too.

Its efficient because what you get will be local. Do check it out.

Best,

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
  5. bugladyleah

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Thanks for all the responses. I will definitely check out freecycle. I figured there were websites dedicated to this, but I didn't know of any. Also, Steph...I'll check out your ebay auction...will you accept payment in chicken eggs LOL????

Leah

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I don't need anything, but pm me your addy. I know I have at least one shirt here, maybe two, that I can send you. (Although despite working for the P.O, I'm not terribly prompt about getting my own things out so it may be a little while! ;-) )

7. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:If you're interested, more EE eggs would be great!!!! It's an old auction, not active, so that wouldn't be a problem, if you like them. I'll also let you know if I find any shorts. Thanks!!! Steph

8. bugladyleah

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey Steph...PMing you a/b "ebay" lot...

Leah

9. ChickieWhickie

ChickieWhickie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Western KY
    Checked out your site...very nice...let me know when you have Sebastopols....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by