...really....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Do teenagers really do that? If so, I have been completely abnormal my whole teen life...

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I second that. [​IMG]
    I suppose normal teenagers don't get to have a ball on BYC though, they're too busy off worrying whether the green eyeshadow makes their nose look big. [​IMG]

3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Yeah, that's my 2 teens............ [​IMG]

I swear, I tell them to pick up their socks, 3 days later they haven't moved............. [​IMG]

Then they wonder why I get mad and yell............. or worse, stand there and watch them do their work [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:you want them to move? Hide the charger cables and the controllers for their video games somewhere in their mess.

5. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Quote:you want them to move? Hide the charger cables and the controllers for their video games somewhere in their mess.

What a great idea, bet it would also work on 20 year olds!! Going to try it.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky

What a great idea, bet it would also work on 20 year olds!! Going to try it.

earsing scores of games is also a great punishment.

7. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Tennagers move with motivation.

Get a sharp stick,lite it on fire,jab teens in rear.....watch em move!!!

8. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    I'm just lucky, maybe.

My teens are almost not teens anymore, and they haven't always been fastidious, in fact most often they've been carelessly untidy, but they are so involved academically and in community service and in sports and work and stuff, I really can't complain. They are delightful, intelligent, creative people that are wonderful to have around, and I'll miss them next year when they're both away from home, one as an undergrad, and one attending her first year at veterinary college.

That's why I'm getting chickens in the spring. Empty nest syndrome.

I've met a lot of their friends too, when they were in high school. All really neat kids.

I LOVE teenagers. They're amazing!

9. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    hmmmm for me its 80% procrastinating [​IMG] .. 10% complaining that i have to clean my room and 10% of me actually cleaning my room blaring music loudly.

10. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I was a slob as a kid and it wasn't until GF and I moved in together that I started cleaning up. She was not going to allow me to live that way. I always hope my boys will marry a good housekeeper... they will need it. I let them keep their rooms the way they want but they have to keep the doors shut and the rest of the house is kept clean. Bedrooms are for sleeping in not living in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by