Reason for Drastic Hovabator Temp drop??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kangasox, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Kangasox

Kangasox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    I'm waiting for incubator warehouse to open to call, but in the meantime, is there any reason my circ air Hovabator would have a temp drop 7 days in? I have had it set up since last Wednesday, temp steady since I put eggs in, 12 Ancona duck eggs set Saturday, and last night the temp dropped and stayEd about a degree less. I had to crank the gauge up a significant turn to get the temp up any, and I'm closely watching it. Eek!

2. olliegrow

olliegrow Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2014
    is the temp in you house stable? do you have another temp probe to see actual temps? If so yours might be defective..is the fan working and not blocked? it shouldn't drop like that without power outage or something similar...sorry to hear...

3. Kangasox

Kangasox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    I have 2 thermometers, both agreeing on temp drop, and nothing in the house has changed. Fan is still running and heater comes on, just doesn't seem you be running hot enough. Boo! Everything was going so well to this point!

4. olliegrow

olliegrow Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2014
    sounds like a dud...when I bought mine I ran it for a little over a week before adding eggs just incase of this issue..Ive gone through 3 incubators till I got this one and all of them had heating issues like this..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by