Reasonably certain of the gender, but what do I call them? :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by featherz, Jul 15, 2011.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    These are 15 weeks old. I believe them to be girls, but I may be rehoming a few and want to make sure I get the names right. They were from 'mystery' eggs. [​IMG]

This one looks like a wyandotte, but does not look like my GLW or BLRW. Gold laced blue or? It's a very pretty color, whatever it is. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second one is just a random orange chicken - but she is much darker and less stocky than my BO's.

[​IMG]

This one is definitely a langshan, correct? Hatchery quality, I assume.
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    The first one looks maybe blue laced red, but it has a single comb so I don't think it's a wyandotte. [​IMG]

3. Meghalu

Meghalu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    The Okanagan
    2nd one looks like my RIR, although a little less red. 1st one is gorgeous!

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I guess 'pretty mutts' it is. hee hee. I don't think the orange one is a RIR - I have those as well (production reds, if you want to be picky) - this one is definitely orange and not red. And I *think* wyandottes can throw straight combs now and then. Not planning on ever showing chickens, so it doesn't matter to me. [​IMG]

5. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    The first one is a BLRW. They can have single or rose combs. Maybe a new hampshire for the red one.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Quote:Ah, so she's just a more goldy version of a blrw? My others are definitely red and are much darker. Nifty. [​IMG]

7. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Red does sorta look like my New Hampshire, except without the black on the end of the tail and black flecks on the neck. That's still my guess though.

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Second one RIR or NHR?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by