Reasons to Homeschool

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chipmunkridge, Nov 18, 2010.

1. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    [​IMG]

Another great reason to homeschool your kids is that they can bond with chickens while working.

[​IMG]

OEGB pullets are VERY interested in science and keep an eye on the lesson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Susan

2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I loved being homeschooled because I could hang out with my chickens! After getting studies out of the way, the rest of the day was whatever I wanted to fill my time with. I turned it into a project with breeding books, hatching, monitoring color patterns through different breeding, ect.

3. chipmunkridge

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I love for those reason also, it gives them so much more time to follow their passions.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Cute pics, thanks for sharing!

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Very cute! I miss homeschooling the kids.Another 3 years and maybe my dd will be home once again for high school. I was just talking to her about breeding animals for sale.

6. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I cant imagine being homeschooled,I dont think I would ever have as many friends as I have today if I were homeschooled plus since im at a technical high school I get to work in the kitchen and cook for a real restaraunt!

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I am certain that the reason that my kids have done so well is from homeschooling with chickens. The kids had plenty of friends and I think that it was a much better mix of ages and people. They both started college at 16, and now both of them have great jobs and earn a lot more than either their dad or I did at the same age. from what I know now I would never allow one of my children to ever attend a public school. There is no way I would subject a child to that kind of environment.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  8. chipmunkridge

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    Quote:Amen to that! I have 2 in college and only one to school these days. They have always had lots of friends and participated in lots of activities. My daughter even got a scholarship to swim in college without going to a highschool!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by