Spookwriter

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Ohio
I just don't know if that's a bargain.

Okay, I started looking at tickets because WWE wrestling is coming
to the area. Tickets in the nose-bleed section start at $37.00 each and
go to just over a $100. each by the ring.

My daughter has some friends going. Seems a waste of money to me.
Cost 150-200, and she would have to get out of school early to even make it.

Don't like that ideal.

I'm cheap.

For a mere $7.00 each, we can watch wrestling from ringside here every month
or so. Just as much fun and the show lasts a little over three hours. She has
pictures of her and different wrestlers. Granted, not the big-time. But a lot of fun.
A man in tights is a man in tights.

Looking at some other ticket prices for uncoming shows...

Rebe McEntire tickets start at $51.00 in the nose-bleed, and top out at $595.00
on the floor?

Three tickets would cost me $1,800? Pretty sure I'm not going. And I like her singing.
But I wouldn't give $1,800 if she was going to stop here and sing in my living room.

Oak Ridge Boys...30.00 and 35.00...pretty doable.

Tim McGraw...same, 30-35 dollar range.

What do AVERAGE concerts cost in your area? Been a while since I went to one. Last
one was a George Jones.

Some kind of rock music concert in the park this weekend, at $10.00 a piece. I'm not
going there either, but you can go the park for free and listen. You just won't be in the
roped off area.

That just seems unreal to me that a county music ticket could be so high.

But like I said, I'm pretty cheap.

Local political fundraiser had a dinner last month...$2,500 a plate. Didn't go
there either. For 5,000 dollars I can fix my own spaghetti.

Spook the Cheap

Havn't been to a concert in over 10 years, the last one I went to was outdoors with a few stages good acts.. If I could only remember the concert.. lol It was the kind've one with a few differnt beer tents and you camped on site... It was wild, all laws being brocken in plain veiw.. It was $50.00

If I was rich I would pay that too see Reba, she's a classic!! would love, love, love to see her!!

Seems a bit high for westling, but then again.. I don't really like the whole men in tights thing!!

the only concerts I have been to lately are the ones put on for free in my town. Last night I went to see a Billy Joel tribute band followed by fireworks. The kids and I sat on a blanket and rocked out. It only cost me the price of fried dough, popcorn,drinks and glow sticks for the kids. I cannot see spending 600 dollars to see anyone. I won't even go to a Red Sox game because I think what those players make is highway robbery. I love sports, but I will stay home and watch it on the television. Or take my kids to see local teams. Just as much fun, and the players don't have the big egos, they will actually stop and talk to the fans.

Well, I have always had free tickets to WWE because I'm good friends with a WWE wrestler.
tongue.png
Not sure if I ever would have paid for tickets had I not known him. $600 for Reba McIntire? No way. No how. No can do. Will not do it. I'm not a fan, but even if I pick someone I am a fan of, someone I would love to see, still NO WAY. That's just a ripoff, I'm sorry. I have been to well over a 100 concerts in my life, maybe more, and I have never paid more than 50 bucks for a ticket. No wait, actually, I did pay $130.00 once, but that was for a SEVEN band concert on New Year's Eve of the MILLENNIUM in Detroit MI. So that was a big deal. I surprised my husband (now ex) and we rented a car and drove from NH to MI for the show and stayed a couple of days, it was a blast. Oh, and actually, I believe I spent around $100 per ticket to see the London Symphony Orchestra at Carnegie Hall on Christmas Eve back in the 90's. But those were special events and I digress. I just think when you get into the "hundreds" range, it's excessive and arrogant. She's rich enough for God's sake, and my guess is most of her devoted fans are not rich. The shame! I wouldn't do it out of pure principle.

Ticket prices for just about everything is really getting quite crazy, WTS ............. I wouldn't pay $5.00 for a Rebba concert. All of her songs are about how crappy men are and how they are dog's................. I don't listen to her man hater Lyrics and turn the station everytime I hear one of her song rant's.

Sporting event tickets are getting so bad a regular person has to really think about if it's worth taking the family to the ballpark for a Sunday game, it's ashame to be honest.

I love Reba, have been to a few of her concerts back in the 80's & 90's (even a meet & greet), but unless that $600 included room & board for a few days, that's absolutely ridiculous!

the tickets are that high because they know someone will be willing to pay it.. and it's all about the money at that point and not about putting on a good show or being considerate of their fans..

my ex was a roadie.. so I went to a lot of shows and helped out back stage.. I would never pay more than 50 for a ticket to any show.. cause i know first hand that if the guys in the band want to put on a great show and are considerate of their fans.. they WILL work out something with the concert promoter to keep the prices within a decent range.. when you are talking about 400 and 500 for a ticket it all boils down to greed

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a concert. I don't like the crowds, the lines, or the noise.

Back
Top Bottom