Recalibrating my 40dx brinsea incubator NEED HELP

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Hi guys,

This hatching season has been a nightmare for me...ive gotten around 150 eggs and hatched 11 chicks...9 of which are roosters!!!! I have been going crazy trying to figure out what the heck is wrong!! About 10 days ago I figured out the brinsea 20 ( that doesnt show temp) was running at 94 degrees!!! Ok makes sense why Ive lost all my eggs in that one! So I turned up temps and its spot on now...NOW my two yr old brinsea 40 dx is driving me nuts and Ive lost my whole hatch!! Legbars, bresse, all sorts of marans!!! Im sobbing!!! The digital read out said it was running at 37.8 perfect right??? I never questioned it since it is factory set and such...i put thermometers in it this morning to double check temps again...it felt colder than normal...89 degrees!!!! Im on day 23 with all the eggs in bator;( i turned up the temps and am using my digital thermometers instead of relying on the brinsea says!! The company wants me to send back that huge bator ( my cost on shipping to and from company) for them to recalibrate it! AHHHH does anyone on here know how to fix it or walk me through recalibrating?? Thank you for all your help!!!

posted on the swap chat too but here you go:

http://www.brinsea.com/pdffiles/Oct 2040DX glass thermometer (US).pdf

Quote:
Stable and correct temperature is essential for good results. Adjust with care.
Note: your incubator may not be set to the correct temperature from the factory and the following
procedure must be followed before setting eggs.
5.1 As the incubator warms up and approaches its control setting the red LED will change from continuously on to
flashing. Allow the incubator to stabilise for at least an hour before adjusting the temperature.
5.2 Rotate the red adjustment spindle with a small screwdriver – clockwise to increase temperature, anticlockwise to
reduce it. 2°F (1°C) is about ¼ turn of the spindle.
5.3 When reducing temperature the red LED may go out while the incubator cools – this is normal.
5.4 Refer to the thermometer to check temperature. Adjust temperature with care – small differences have large
effects on hatching performance.

Back
Top Bottom