recall- on Turkey food

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by sunflowerenvy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Western Milling LLC Voluntarily Recalls Universal Turkey and Kruse G.B. Turkey Grower Feeds Because of Possible Health Risk to Animals
    Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:32:00 -0500

Western Milling, LLC announced a voluntary recall of certain types of store brand noncommercial turkey feed after the company learned that the feed may contain monensin, a medication included in medicated turkey feed. The turkey feed subject to this voluntary recall was not labeled as medicated and was not formulated to contain monensin.

got this in my email from "U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)" <[email protected]>
    from a chicken person

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Yes, Tunastopper lost 20 turkeys in July from this feed and the company wasn't too quick to do anything about it until the USDA was called. Very unfortunate.

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Anyone know what brands were involved? It says some store brands, would love to know which ones.

4. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
  5. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Products subject to this recall were distributed in May and June, 2010, to 57 retail animal feed stores located in California as well as eight feed stores in Arizona and one each in Nevada and Hawaii. All retail stores have been notified. The turkey feed was sold in 50-pound paper bags under the company's Universal and Kruse Perfection Brands. The specific lots in question were sold under the following tags:

* U Turkey/Gamebird Grower Crumble, Lot 175 (PC K52105)
    * K G.B. Turkey Grower Crumble, Lots 126, 127 and 175 (PC K52105)
    * U Turkey/Gamebird Starter Krumble, Lots 126 and 175 (PC U332095)

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Thanks for the info, I will check it out. Doesn't look like anything that would affect me, but just in case..........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by