Recalling ALL roman shades and mini blinds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess they are just deadly to kids, which we all know and have heard a horror story, but on the Today show just a few minutes ago, they just said EVERY roman and blinds in any home with children.

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Ya know... back in my day [​IMG]

We played with metal toys, if we got hurt we got a bandaid and went on with out lives.
    Our crib slats weren't made to a specific width... If we got our heads stuck, we got laughed at and were too ashamed to do it again.
    We had walkers that rolled accross the floor... Our parents were responsible for us not rolling down the stairs, not the manufacturer of the thing.
    Things were painted with lead paint... We didn't eat it because it didn't taste good, and those of us that were dumb enough to taste it are still alive.
    My mother never worried about coming into a room and finding her children hanging from the miniblinds, probably because when we did something we weren't supposed to we were punished, and yes sometimes spanked. We never called DHS on our parents and claimed abuse. We just got over it...

Just sayin'....

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:Yeah, me too. Good thing I bought those four mini blinds the other day before they remove them from the stores.........[​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Oh good Lord.

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I think that the one on the news this morning was a case where the parents hung blind in the baby's room. He climbed out of his crib and got hung up in the draw string.

When my kids were little, I figured that it was a bad idea to have blinds in their bedrooms. They had plain old curtains. The blinds in every other part of the house had their drawstrings looped and hung where the kids couldn't reach them. I feel bad for the parents, but a little common sense can go a long way.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'm not finding any news stories anywhere online about this.

Methinks the TV person misspoke.

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I heard there's this bill going through the house and senate

Its about Dirt

Apparently germs live in dirt and dirty places

So lets recall or make illegal the use of all dirt!

[​IMG]

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Same here Jody. We had the cords wrapped up where the kids couldn't get to them.

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I've got 17 windows with the dang things. Boy oh boy I bet the government is going to be handing out money to replace them........

Everybody get in line!

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yep all of my blinds have a thing that I added to wrap up the cords. It is called baby proofing, not sure why some people dont do it. Also stapping TV's down is very important as they are so heavy they could crush a child.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by