Received a weird email... Is it fake?

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
I got this email this morning:

Dear Shellie
I live in South Africa and currently I am involved in a project to help people here survive our financial situation that is not good. Me and my team are currently making a DVD to train people to be self sustainable by breading chickens. You chicken house came up in a Google search and we would like to use your chicken house and pictures in our video. (We were very impressed with it). Would you be prepared to let us use these pictures and give us copyright for use it in this film.
With kind regards.
Johann

Dr Kruger

Clonemaster's Laboratory

Biotechnology

Dept. of Applied Microbiology

P.O. Box 9246

Newcastle

Tel: (27) 34 32 59454

Fax: (27) 34 32 5030

E-mail: [email protected]

Web: www.clonemasters.org

I am saying fake. When I was selling my PS3 they said they where going to send me $800 in my paypal. Never happened. They where also from south africa.

Here's the thing - if it came up in a google search - then they dont need copyrights to it do they? Nope - they can "cut and paste" anything they want and use it in a film as they pleased and no one would be the wiser...

so ...question is - why email you to begin with? Is it a question of "honor" there? I doubt it...

website doesnt work either - and how did they get your first name, but dont have your last name? how did they get your email address too? Sounds like a mass mailer to me..

sounds like a scam to me too....

Last edited:
Sounds fishy to me.
roll.png

Wildsky: I had the same thing with the phone number and address. Except mine said paypal was holding my money and I will get the money when the item was shipped.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom