Recent Auction Aquisistions

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AugeredIn, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Thought I would share photographs of the peafowl I bought at the local small animal auction recently. They were very cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    They are too cute! Will you be adding them to an already existing flock or will this be your first peas?

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Some whites and some Spaldings. Nice! Are they pairs?

4. I am guessing two males on the greens. Heck if I know on the whites. MinxFox if you did not already have whites I would offer you one if they are both males. I am not really interested in the whites. They will eventually go free range. If the greens are both boys you may want one of those. I got them for next to nothing.

5. 9Catsz

9Catsz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Southeastern Missouri
    Nice buys.

I bought a pair of, I believe, IBs, yesterday at a small auction. They're about 3 months old......they were cheap too.

[​IMG]

6. MinxFox

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Yep those look like India blues, and I love your avatar what a cute cat!

AugeredIn: Thanks for the offer, yes after getting whites I don't really like them as much as I like other varieties. Maybe it is just because they are not that pretty because they are always so dirty. I think I will love them more when they mature and the males get pretty white trains and such. We need to go check out a poultry or animal auction sometime, I have always wanted to go to one just to see what everyone has and not so much for getting something, unless I see something really great.

7. The small animal auctions are fun but there are not usually any peafowl. About two months ago there was a pair of mature spaldings or Java that sold for $50. I did not have a place for them so I could not buy them. These are the first peafowl I have seen since then. Lots of great chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys and guineas. My new aviary is coming along nicely. I am going to start a thread on that soon.

By the way MinxFox, I never received the price list we talked about. Kind of disappointed on that front.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. MinxFox

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Really? That is too bad, they need to update their sale list on the site.

9. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

@AugeredIn

You have really good looking birds there.

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:YES that a pair ,one of each.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by