Recent pics of Lily and Dash! WARNING *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Nov 1, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thought you all might like to see yesterdays pics of Lily and Dash. They are I think bout 10 weeks now, getting to be BIG girls. Well, Lily is. Dash is just growing...out. She is the shape of a big lemon, hehe. [​IMG]

I put them in a fruit box for a day or two, thinking they might enjoy the holes to see out of. It was hilarious, Dash looks like a mare looking out over the stall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Dash, chasing Lily. They are inseparable, but Dash especially loves Lily to pieces. She runs wherever Lily goes. Lily puts her head down and charges off. Dash is so cute here, flapping as hard as she can and running full out.

[​IMG]

Now pics of Lily, I have hard time getting them together, cuz Dash is always either behind Lily, or mom goes to give them some food, so Lily is smart enuff to distract Dash by running to the other side of the kitchen, pecking at imaginary stuff, getting Dash started, then running back and grabbing whatever Mom has. She has shown this behavior several times, cant tell me chickens cant think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Too cute! Dash is quite the unique young lady! And naturally, I like Lily-she's my grandchick!

3. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Very cute.
    I'm not sure, you should either get the show girl some nice jewlery to go with that outfit or maybe she would could work it, as is, in a punk rock band. haha

4. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    What do you recommend? Faux pink pearls around the neck?
    Purple tips on the hair? I am open to ideas here. [​IMG]

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Ok now I gotta stay up longer cuz there is no way I can sleep without nightmares after seeing dash in that fourth pic! [​IMG]

A face only a mother could love !

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Nice pics !

6. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    She does have a tendency to get food an cobwebs, etc. on that topknot of hers.

Mom asked me to clean out from under the fridge about a month ago. She says she can tell I havent done it, cuz Dash keeps peering in under there and coming up cobwebby! I guess she is telling on me! [​IMG]

7. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Those two make me laugh just thinking about the stories you've told! I like where they're sticking their head out of the box too, that's classic!

8. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    LOVE the pics of them poking their heads outta the box! "whatchoo guys doin' out there?"

[​IMG]

i never get anything done anymore between looking at pics of everyone's peeps and playing with mine! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by