Recent Pic's of my Ameraucana's from Pips&Peeps

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by steffpeck, Jan 27, 2009.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Man are these guys & girls turning out nice!!!!! I ended up with 4 roosters, 2 Wheaten (which are available to good homes), 1 Blue Wheaten and 1 Splash Roo. My girls are all Blue with 1 splash pullets and 1 black pullet. Here are a few pictures of them. They are 22 weeks old

Look at the lacing on these girls

[​IMG]

Look at this crazy Splash Roo - I have never seen Chickens turn their head upside down while looking for a place on the roost. But these Ameraucana's do it all the time. It makes me laugh.

[​IMG]

The 2 Wheaten roos - Available to a good home (the 2 on the end)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I think my favorite Roo of them all (close toss up between him and the splash) my Blue Wheaten - Look how gorgeous his coloring is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Very pretty!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hope one of the eggs I'm hatching out of Melissa's will give me a Blue Wheaten roo just like that!

I've got two beautiful blue juvies via airmail today from pips! I love them.

[​IMG]

BTW Steff, those blue pullets are gorgeous!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. steffpeck

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks!! Mahonri, you will be shocked at how much prettier they get. I was a little disappointed at how they were looking 4-5 weeks ago, and the last couple of weeks that have just grown and are sooo pretty!

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I have a new splash and two black Ameraucana pullets from Will Marrow they are so weird looking I hope they look like yours some day. I also have a blue cockeral from him who is starting to look less akward and weird [​IMG] Those birds are stunning if you are interested in ever trading eggs I should have some in spring or fall. I am amazed over and over at how beautiful Jean's birds are I will have to get eggs or a pullet from her lines!!

6. steffpeck

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Quote:I have a new splash and two black Ameraucana pullets from Will Marrow they are so weird looking I hope they look like yours some day. I also have a blue cockeral from him who is starting to look less akward and weird [​IMG] Those birds are stunning if you are interested in ever trading eggs I should have some in spring or fall. I am amazed over and over at how beautiful Jean's birds are I will have to get eggs or a pullet from her lines!!

How old are yours right now? If they ever start laying, I would be happy to trade eggs. [​IMG]

7. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Absolute beauties!!! Excellent, full body type, and nice lacing on the blue pullets, too.
    I am organizing a group order of Blacks/Blues/Splashes and Wheatens/Blue Wheatens/Splash Wheatens that will be shipping from Texas in early March. I didn't know anyone else in Utah/Idaho had shipped in Wheatens/Blue Wheatens!
    I have Wheatens, but sold my Blue Wheaten roos because I was having problems with some red lacing instead of appropriate blue lacing on their breasts. Breeding that color group is tricky, I'm finding, but it is my favorite & the one I plan to pursue long-term. Have yours tended to have really people-friendly dispositions? Mine really have and I've heard that others who've had that color group have found their lines to also be friendly.
    Will you be coming to the UFPA poultry show near Salt Lake in March?

p.s. I LOVE your Splash roo! Very neat color distribution in addition to good build and generous feathering.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  8. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Oh WOW! Very pretty! [​IMG]

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont

How old are yours right now? If they ever start laying, I would be happy to trade eggs. [​IMG]

They are still just angsty little teens probably not until late spring they are about 12-16 weeks also the cockeral is 16 weeks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by