Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

Pics

bemba

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Mary Valley QLD.
Just curious as to how many other people on here have red-eyed birds, have done some reaserch and apparently only in Oz? But you never know , someone, somewhere might have red eyed birds?
Some of my birds, cinnamon pieds....
48408_animal_photos_for_ads_005.jpg

Silver hen (red eyed lav cinnamon)
48408_animal_photos_for_ads_1_017.jpg

Cinnamon pied keet
48408_animals_from_home_and_parents_112.jpg

Last edited:
Hi bemba, Thanks for sharing pics, I love seeing everyone's Guineas, and I especially love seeing all the differences in the birds in on other continents. Do you have any of the color that you guys call Cream in Oz? Just curious what they look like and if they resemble or how closely they resemble any of the colors/varieties that we have here in the US. If you have a link to a color chart for the varieties in Oz pls post it. In all my years of "Guinea Googling", I have yet to run across a color chart from Oz, lol.

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

Hi Bemba

Great photos thanks. Your birds are looking beautiful & healthy, really makes a difference free ranging
smile.png
I, like quite a few others here are finding the rhetoric by one or two about our Cinnamon birds being product of Z-linked factor incorrect, but of course more testing to be done. Have you had any experience or views on same?

These keets (bar the Lavs & Cinn) all bred from a Cinnamon male x Pied Pearl Grey females & not one red-eyed cinnamon amongst as most would expect if sex-linked factor involved. There are around 26 of them & would hazzard a guess @ least a few females also
48069_dsc_0012_902x600.jpg

Quote:
No probs, any chance to show off LOL, I have never seen a cream bird before, but I have seen pics of them, we are very limited with mutations here, pearl, lavender, cinnamon and silver, plus all in pied are the main ones, apparently there are whites around but haven't seen them either........ I am working towards breeding the heaviest pied birds in the four colours mentioned earlier. I must say I would give my left leg for some of your skye blues..... Just stunning!! There has been alot of discussion between cinnamon (red eyed) genetics, some say they are sex linked, then most say recessive..... I know mine are recessive as the first cinnamon I got was a cock bird, I put him with pearl hens, and I bred roughly 25 keets ... all pearl cocks and hens, if it were sex linked, all hens would be cinnamon and all cocks pearl split cinnamon, but it may be possible that there are 2 different cinnamons, who knows.

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

Mine shake their feathers and get all fluffed like that frequntly too... especially after a good deep dustbath. It's almost like they were primping real quick before the photoshoot and didn't get their hair all fixed in time
lol.png
I actually see that as a sign of a healthy bird, one that cares how it's feathers look and feel, and it preens itself regularly
wink.png

And then I have some total camera ham birds that like to pose for the camera... lol
2011ChocWingFan.jpg

Last edited:
How bout you rollyard, do you have any Creams? If not and you don't have any pics of any to share, how about a description or comparison to the US color/variety you think they most closely resemble (of they even do)? Do they have any pearling? Do they have the red eyes? Huh huh huh ???
lol.png
Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Back
Top Bottom