Recidivist browser...but only just joined your flock

Loz McGaffin

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2018
Hi.im Loz...48 yr old Mum(1 teen boy,ahem..sorry,Man!he just turned18!) & newly a Banny.Im from country vic,on the beautiful Murry River. I adore all animals n nature. I've come here so often for advice and others opinions..i thought it was past time i signed up. Im a mad chicken lover(i think some1 once counted 46 chooks in my kitchen.lol) but just have the one real 1 at present. Her name is Lou-Anne and she's a sussex.ive had her since she was two and her & her sister had a horrific incedent with dogs. She had a tear right under her wing down to bone(8/9" long) her sister unfortunately didnt make it. They were going to end Lou's life too! luckily i was in the midst of a vet nurse 3 course,and had the wherewithal to save her.it took a long time,but apart from a bandy legged run(from bandage between her legs for so long) she has lived a (mostly) healthy' very happy and quite spoiled life.she has succumbed to fly strike twice,very badly ! & tough old girl pulled through again! Plus a few other ailments over the long years-(but always treated her myself with home remedies /herbal concoctions,which i swear by),she has a brilliant personality & brings me joy constantly,even if i have to allow her some grumpy days,she's well earnt the right! As she is a grand auld dame of 12!(just read the 'age' thread,so that makes her 120?110?yrs old! Bless her!
Thanks for having me,i do hope my intro wasnt to boring or to long!!
Cheers,and happy chickens,
Loz

Attachments

• 20170721_152902.jpg
    20170721_152902.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 4
G’Day from Far North Queensland Loz :frow Welcome!

Lou-Anne's nickname is Kat? ;) She certainly has used up a few lives. Kudos to you for helping her reach such a good age :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom