Recieved my chicks, what do you think they are

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jduffy, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jduffy

jduffy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    I ordered 10 chicks from my pet chicken, bantam assortment. The post office screwed up and missed the delivery to my local post office were they had my neighbors number to call her so she could bring them to my place. So they sat over night at the post office, the next town over. They originally were supposed to ship last week but didn't and I had to work long hours this week as did my wife. I wound up losing 4 of the chicks, 1 was dead upon arrival and I lost 3 more the day after. You would think they would at least call the local post office to see if they had any info on how to get them to me. Anyway my pet chicken reimbursed me regardless. Seems like the silkies are more resilient cause 4 of the 6 survivors are silkies. The 2 non silkies are in the middle. The one in the back is feather footed and i am thinking buff Brahma. The one up front is clean legged and either an easter egger or old english. What do you think they are? Also, of the ones that died, not one was a silky.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    The one that's in the middle in the back is too dark to be a buff anything, I'd guess cochin, and it's hard to tell from the blurry dark picture, but maybe a partridge cochin. The chipmunk striped one is probably an oegb, the hatcheries don't usually have bantam EEs, I don't think. [​IMG]

3. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    my pet chicken does have bantam ee's so thats probably what all the striped ones are...

4. jduffy

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    This is the buff brahma pic from my pet chickens site and pretty much exactly what the one in the back looks like and they do have both easter egger bantams and oeg bantams. I will try to get better pics. All the other birds have 5 toes so they are silkies.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  5. jduffy

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    Pic of my chick i believe is Buff Brahma, looks the same as above pic.
    [​IMG]

6. jduffy

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    my pet chicken oegb
    [​IMG]
    my pet chicken easter egger bantam
    [​IMG]
    and my chick, Im leaning toward oegb
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by