Recipe for disaster

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bloomnbeauty, Feb 25, 2009.

1. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Take 8 EE eggs, add 7 White Leghorn eggs, put in homemade fridgabator along with 13 Bourbon Red turkey eggs. Incubator to day 16. Let thermostat stick on over night. In the morning you have one melted down fridgabator and 28 hard cooked chicks inside their shells. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Oh my, iam so sorry. I am on day 19 and since yesterday i have temp issues.

3. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Good luck to you on your hatch conny63malies. I [​IMG] it ends nothing like mine.

4. Grampa with chickens

Grampa with chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Brooksville, Florida
    Oooohhhhh Nnnnnnnooooooo!

That royally sucks. I'm so sorry. Even the turkeys, one day I'd like to get some red bourbons.
    Hopefully, you get the problems worked out so it doesn't happen again.

5. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Oh I am sooooo sorry! [​IMG]
    I just had some EE's hatch today if you want some:) Wish I could help with the turkey eggs....
    Where did you get yours from?

6. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Thanks Grampa. The problem with the thermostat is unfixable and so is the bator. But rest assured that I will keep hatching. For now in my Hovabator while I am building a new and improved homemade one.

The turkey eggs were my own so those are easily replaced but the others were some I got in swaps. They say three strikes and you're out. Well that was the third time I had tried to hatch White Leghorns with no success so its time to move on to bigger and better things.

7. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    Hi Tricia, glad to see you here. The turkeys were from my own hens. You want some?

8. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    OH MY GOSH. I am SO SORRY. That stinks. Sorry, -Jay

9. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    SORRY [​IMG] I can give you some mixed eggs for free I live in st. auggy if our anywhere near I can give you a few. Sorry no pure breds yet. Hopefully in the future to get some. But no charge if youd like some. My rooster is fertile I promise. If youd like some just let me know [​IMG]

10. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    It's people like you all that keep me coming back to this board. Everyone is so nice and understands when we cry over a few ruined eggs. I appreciate the offer Jay but I have plenty of eggs. I am just so sad that I had to lose all those babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by