Recipe Help for my New Lodge Cast Iron Drop Biscuit Pan

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1_new.asp?menu=prologic&idProduct=3950

I
purchased the above Drop Biscuit pan from the Lodge outlet in Pigeon Forge, TN and I need recipe ideas. I thought about making mini breakfast casseroles and mini cakes with it, but I wanted to see if any of you had any creative ideas. Anything that uses eggs of course will be appreciated.
smile.png

I think you could make biscuit cups with this pan:

~ grease the cups really well with butter or shortening
~ take tube biscuits (or try your homemade biscuits) and press them into the pan and up the sides
~ fill with quiche mixture or layer cooked crumbled meats (sausage/bacon/ham), pour in beaten eggs mixed with s&p and a little milk, top with grated cheese, bake at 350 to 375 until eggs are set
~ make Barbecue Cups:

3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the cups of a muffin pan.
2.In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook beef until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir in barbeque sauce and dried onion. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
3.Flatten each biscuit, and press into cups of the prepared muffin pan. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan. Spoon a portion of the meat mixture into each dough cup.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 3 more minutes.

These freeze well, if they last that long. And you can vary the cup type:

pizza cups with Italian sausage, pizza sauce, mozzarella
Mexican cups with ground beef, taco seasoning or sauce, and Monterrey Jack
chopped ham, drained pineapple tidbits, cheddar
bierocks cups with onion and shredded cabbage browned with the ground beef, American cheese on top

I like the biscuit cup idea. I have a couple of aebleskiver pans that I bought to do baked oysters in. They should work good for some tiny little cups. My mind is reeling.

Back
Top Bottom