Recipes for Peppers, please

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by amyquilt, Aug 2, 2008.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I went to the Farmer's Market today for the first time in my life!!! It was so much fun!!!

I bought some peppers. They are the size of large banana peppers, but much darker green. I was told they are "medium" heat. I can't remember the name of them, though.

I sure could use some recipes to make with these. Hot sauce?? Pepper/herb vinegars??? Any recipes.

They were so beautiful, I just knew I could post here for recipe suggestions.

TIA!!

2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Cubaneles or Hungarian? I spelled it wrong I am sure. We cook them in rice. They must be cooked, or they will be too hot. Add some beans or meat and tomatoes and you have dinner.

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    They could be New Mexico Green Chilies in that case roast them on a grill, remove the skin and you can chop and add to chicken enchiladas, quesadillas, or make a seven layer dip.

Seven layer dip:
    ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning
    refried beans
    shredded cheese
    sour cream
    hot sauce (I would put the chilies with the hot sauce)
    lettuce
    tomato and okay some olives

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I live in Texas but I’m still not up on all the names of the various peppers. I have been watching the news and they are now saying that Serrano peppers are thought to be the most likely cause of the Salmonella outbreak; so if your peppers are Serrano peppers make sure you cook them before you eat them.

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Check out my recipe on TEG for hot pepper butter. Not actually a butter at all, but its what it is called. Best sandwich spread ever! Won't eat a sandwich without it. Also good for putting on anything else that needs a little spice!

6. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:Thank God I grow my own!

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Thanks for the suggestions. [​IMG]

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    They sound like anaheim/New Mexico chiles. Those are my absolute favourite. They're very good straight off the grill or even raw. I like to munch one with most meals. The heat isn't overpowering and they have a nice green flavour.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by