Recipes please

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ssbs, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ssbs

ssbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    I am looking for some quail recipes that I can use. I have about twice as many roos as I do hens. So in two or three weeks I'll probably go ahead and try cooking my first quail.

Thanks

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Cleaned Quail + Crock Pot + Bbq Sauce..... Set It And Forget It Until Dinner Time.... Dont Get Much Better Or Easier Than That!

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Buttercup likes to wrap hers in bacon...or pop it in the microwave with salsa over it ....

4. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Put him on the grill and marinate him with olive oil and Duck's Unlimited poultry rub. Or you could make them into sausage and use the drippings mixed with bacon grease to make some dirty grave that you can pour on top of a fried one.

5. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    They Do Quite Well By Slow Cooking Them In Mojo And Then Serving Them With Yellow Rice And Black Beans With A Lil Diced Sweet Onion To Sprinkle Over .... Now Thats Good Right There , And I Don't Care Who You Are.... [​IMG]

You Can Also Bacon Wrap Them And Then Slow Cook In A Raspberry Vinegrete Dressing Or Italian Dressing....

And Of Course Its Hard To Beat Chicken Fried... [​IMG]

A Nice Overnight Bath In Alegro Game Marinade And A Quick Bacon Wrap Then Grill--- Thats Not To Shabby Either...

Shall I Go On? [​IMG]

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Don't forget about quail sausage links with saurcraut and pinto beans.[​IMG]

7. TGarcia

TGarcia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Texas
    Those recipes sound good. I've got some Texas A&M that I need to take a few males out of the group as well. I'm also looking for a good recipe to do pickled quail eggs. My girls are laying alot of eggs, and we've just been eating them along with the chicken eggs since I'm not ready to incubate anymore quail right now. Will probably incubate some when spring comes.

8. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
  9. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:[​IMG]

OH WHERE IS THAT PUKE SMILEY???

SORRY ROBO .....AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER... PICKLED/ DEVILED EGGS--- EEEWWWW, NO THANKS, I'M OUT! [​IMG]

10. TGarcia

TGarcia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Texas
    lol........I thought the same thing on the pickled eggs until one day I actually tried one. Not for everyone....but I love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by