Recipes using 8+ Eggs...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Country Gal, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Okay, I have eggs coming out of my EARS right now! I sell between 6 and 8 dozen at work every week, and I still seem to always have about 3 dozen in the fridge at all times. It's not helping that I have several chickens still laying the "pullet eggs" and I have deemed those too small to sell, and apparently my husband has deemed them too small to use at all because he thinks it's too hard to crack the shell... [​IMG]

Anyways, I would LOVE some recipes that call for 8+ eggs at a time so I can get them used up without spending a TON of time in the kichen! I have that great recipe for the bundt cake that calls for 10 eggs, but I'm a bit bundt-caked-out at the moment and need some more variety...

THANK YOU!!!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that just got stored in my recipe file!
    my family LOVES homemade bread and 'poo-poos' the store bought type. i get tired of the same old same old!

now, if i ONLY had the same problem of too many eggs![​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Of course there is always Angel Food Cake which takes a dozen whites and is so light and wonderful. [​IMG]

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I was just thinking about starting a topic like this!! With all the drama around here....ahhhhh!!!

I make old fashioned custard pies with my extras....my kids love them.

6. JohnL11935

JohnL11935 Chillin' With My Peeps

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:I'm printing that one!!! Thanks!

8. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    That bread recipe looks great! I'll definitely have to give it a try this weekend along with some angel food cake! I did download a couple recipes off the incredibleegg site as well...

Thanks all!

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It makes a huge bread and is sinful with butter.

10. ORChick

ORChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Oregon
    My 5 girls aren't so prolific that I have a huge backlog, but egg bread, and egg noodles would be my first choices for using the eggs if I had too many. Noodles can be dried and stored for future, or frozen. And everybody loves fresh bread. With the colder weather starting my concern at the moment is making sure I have enough eggs for the holiday baking, as the girls are slowing down dramatically.

(I didn't check the link, but, if that is the egg bread that MissPrissy has posted before, it is delicious, and makes very good French toast, if there is any left. Highly recommended!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by