Recommend An Incubator For Me

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dangerouschicken, Jul 15, 2008.

1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Okay, I won fertilized EE eggs in a photo contest here, and I want to hatch them out. They should be coming to me in the next few weeks.

Here's the thing: I haven't hatched eggs before, and I need to buy an incubator. What should I be looking for? Any particular ones you would recommend? And if so, where might I purchase that particular incubator?

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    The Genesis 1588! It is blonde proof, which I needed, and everyone that I know that has one loves it! It comes with the temp. preset. All you have to do is add water, plug it in and wallah! It's truly that easy! I have never had to adjust the temp. on it. It stays steady at 100 - 101 every hatch! Cutler supply ships quickly and is the least expensive. I would get the bator, turner combo. [​IMG]

3. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    By saying combo, do you mean that it has an automatic turner, or do I have to turn them?

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree! [​IMG] you better get it quick. I could ship tomorrow. You let me know when you are ready for them. Well, when you get your bator! [​IMG]

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I 2nd the Genesis from Cutler Supply. You can buy the turner also or turn by hand.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I mean the auto turner. Sorry for the confusion! The auto turner will hold 42 eggs and is very convenient. I wouldn't do it without one. So, the combo would be the bator + the auto turner. [​IMG]

7. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Thanks! I am a strawberry blonde, so I can't afford to make dumb mistakes.

Harley, I will let you know when it's coming after I order the bator tonight.

You guys are all great [​IMG]

8. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    This is a third vote for the Genesis 1588 and turner. It is a great little incubator and takes alot of the guesswork out of incubating. I can't say anything bad about Cutler's Supply, they are a great company, but give our site a look too. BYC members get a 5% discount at checkout by using coupon code BCY5 at checkout.

www.homeandbarnbasics.comhttp://www.homeandbarnbasics.com

Whereever you get your incubator, good luck hatching!!!

Thanks
    Tony

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I second the 1588 with automatic turner. Its fabulous easy and works great.

10. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by