Recommendation Please?

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
Hello All
big_smile.png

I seriously will need your help soon. My hens are laying and some aren't going to hatch out the eggs given the type of breed they are. Longtails rearly rear their youngs as I have found out so I will need you help a.s.a.p. to get these chicks to hatch.

I need an incubator, hopefully $120 or less that comes with an egg turner but the most importantly is that, I don't have to check the temp and hum. like every 4 hours. I am a 3rd year college student so you know how hard it is to be home 3rd and 4th year.

I leave pretty much @ 7:00AM and don't get home until 6:00PM daily

So the only time I can really "CHECK" temp and hum. is @ night.

I was looking @ http://cgi.ebay.com/HOVA-BATOR-INCUBATOR-1602N-AUTOMATIC-EGG-TURNER-1610_W0QQitemZ250217678429QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That
gives a really great deal but unsure if thats something for me. I need something that I can leave in my room and not have the temp and hum. go changing crazy all the time.

By the way, I live in California so the temp here is good. 50-60 throughtout this season. A lil warmer in my room...maybe 65F

Thanks for your help

- Tommy

Good luck. I know how it is being only able to check eggs around school. I'm a senior now and only see my birds on weekends.

I made mine or borrow fancy ones so I don't really know what to recommend on the lower range of bators.

The Hova Bator 1588 is preset. It is the only one I know in the lesser priced range that is preset. New from the manufacturer is runs about $115. The turners are extra and cost from $41 - $48 depending on what you get. It is about $168 for the incubator and the turner.

Oh...

Do you think the lesser one down, about $100 total will work? It will be in my room so I won't worry too much about temp. fluctuation or humidity...but then again, I am new @ this so I need suggestions...

Hehe

I have the 1583 I think is the model number, hovabator forced air with the wafer, and honestly it holds the temp great..with the turner was about 120ish plus shipping..
big_smile.png

I check it once a day, but haven't had to adjust it at all once I got it to 99.5, and I hatched chicks from it.

Last edited:
Oh really? Nice...

Well, I know I have to check it from time to time throughout the 21 days but I mean, can you just check it once a day and still be good is what im trying to get @.

Do you recommend forced air or still air? I heard both are good and each one is special, so dunno

- Tommy

Hi, We bought a digital thermometer that also displays the tem & humidity...picked it up from Walmart for under $10. Found it in the electical section, it runs on batteries. We have a Hova- Bator with egg-turner...works great Best of Luck
big_smile.png
The one you were looking at on E-bay looks fine, I think I paid more than that for mine...aso from E-bay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom