Recommendations for First-Aid Kit!

JennyPatty84

Chirping
Sep 6, 2016
I'd like to put toether a "first-aid" kit for the hens with products that you recommend! There are so many different types of dewormers, antibiotics, at home remedies...etc, and it's hard to know what to use/works well. Please tell me your favourite products and I will get the tried and true ones that your swear by!

There is actually this really great stuff call "EMT first aid kit in a tube." or something along those lines. It's used for healing cuts, gashes, all sorts of stuff.

Had a friend actually who's chicken was brutally attacked so much that it's spine was visible... Really bad. They filled the gash with EMT and two months later it was like it never happened.

Seriously recommend this.

DE does not kill worms.Valbazen kills all worms and would be good to have on hand

Vitamins(Durvet)Rooster Booster)
Corid
Vetericyn
Bandage
Mite/Lice duster(Garden Spray poultry dust is good)
Wormer(Valbazen)
Gloves
Cotton Swab
Face mask
Vasline
Blu kote
Syringe

These are things i have on hand you dont need them all but its good to be prepared.

Last edited:
There is actually this really great stuff call "EMT first aid kit in a tube." or something along those lines. It's used for healing cuts, gashes, all sorts of stuff.

Had a friend actually who's chicken was brutally attacked so much that it's spine was visible... Really bad. They filled the gash with EMT and two months later it was like it never happened.

Seriously recommend this.

Wow!!! That stuff sounds awesome!! I'll have to find myself some! Thanks!

DE does not kill worms.Valbazen kills all worms and would be good to have on hand

Vitamins(Durvet)Rooster Booster)
Corid
Vetericyn
Bandage
Mite/Lice duster(Garden Spray poultry dust is good)
Wormer(Valbazen)
Gloves
Cotton Swab
Face mask
Vasline
Blu kote
Syringe

These are things i have on hand you dont need them all but its good to be prepared.

Thank you so much for the list! That's awesome and so helpful! Much appreciated!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom