Recommended water cups.

Danny188

Songster
Jul 22, 2019
Iowa
I went out and bought some water nipples trying to convert my flock of 22 hens of their one gallon brooder waterer to a 5 gallon bucket with nipples. It dident work very well so im looking into buying cups would like some good ones that are cheap and durable would prefer automatic filling ones.

I have both nipples and cups... my mixed flock seems to always go for the cups

TS has afford one's.
I have the nipples under the cups

Attachments

• 20190701_192324.jpg
    20190701_192324.jpg
    816 KB · Views: 21
You can use those 5 gallon bucket and make a waterer out of it like your standard waterers. It's pretty simple to make, I saw a video of it on Youtube.

Mine did not drink enough with the nipples. They love the cups, however. We get very cold in winter so I use a 5 gallon heated waterer for about 4 months during the year. They never have any trouble transitioning back to the cups.
That’s why there are so many different kinds on the market. Everyone has a favorite.

Very true...I think it’s personal preference
If you were close to CT I would give you the cups I have. They worked fine. I just didn’t like them getting dirty and then freezing aside from that no issues.
With that said I swear my chickens do it just to piss me off. They have perfectly clean waterers and I look over and see them drinking from a puddle that has chicken poop in it. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom