Record for most Racoons caught in one place!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cordell, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Cordell

Cordell Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I think my husband holds the record for most racoons caught in one location. Now keep in mind this is at his mother's house in the city limits of Fort Worth, Texas. He has caught 28 racoons in 3 weeks. Plus, 7 possums. Not counting the little baby possum that she keeps letting out and he has caught 3 times. He has 3 traps set up and he baits them with strawberry zingers. The day before Thanksgiving he didn't set the traps, but failed to remove a half eaten zinger. She watched a raccoon open the trap door and go in to get the zinger. Poor feller couldn't figure out how to get out though.
    Can anyone beat that record!

2. Roy

Roy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I would be surprised if anyone beats that record, that alot of coons...

3. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    i find strawberry zingers pretty darn good as well.

keep an eye out for me.

4. Caincando1

Caincando1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Dodge Center MN
    A buddy in IA that hunts coon got over 40 in one day at one abandon farm. Most came for an abandon house. But considering your place is occupied and not abandon like this one, I'd say your husband did pretty well.

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Very impressive. [​IMG]

6. Land of Lost Toys

Land of Lost Toys Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2009
    Ohio
    WOW! That's alot of racoons...at least 3-4 full length fur coats for you! [​IMG]

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Hm.... I'm at about 4 dozen for the year which includes the ones I shot practically out of an animal dumpers hands. Usually my traps are always set, or I have the special sauce set out when all my outside critters are locked up tight. The most I have gotten in a night is 7 which included mama and 3 babies along with some adolescent males.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. Zac S. Orig. 7 hatchery

Zac S. Orig. 7 hatchery Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    outside of Northfield mn
    Wow thats impressive! Congrats!

9. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Zowie! I thought they were bad around here! I see some coon scat in driveway now and again. [​IMG] (it is 1/4 mile long tho and kind of woodsy at places). Praise God for whomever invented fence chargers.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  10. Rooster#3

Rooster#3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    wisconsin
    ive been trapping for 3 years. within one 4 foot by 4 foot area in two years i got around 36 coons on a havahart box trap with a cob of corn (ironic but i caught them over my 3 dogs graves)[​IMG] nice job thats awsome though [​IMG]

Merry christmas

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by