Recycled Gifts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by M.sue, Nov 14, 2011.

1. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Was wondering who recycles & doesn't recycle gifts. With the holiday season upon us our hearts & generosity over flow with appreciation and kindness. I have several clients every year who feel the need to get me a gift to show their appreciation & gratitude for my services throughout the year. Many of my clients will give a Bonus Tip at the holidays while others purchase something for me, some purchase gift certificates for me to use/share with my family. All is honestly & truly appreciated. The bonus tip is great, the gift certificates are well used but I personally wish those that buy me a gift wouldn't. Their loyal patriotism to me is a gift in itself. I sometimes recycle for I feel I already have enough material things. I have found my self short handed on a gift for someone who I forgot or for a person who brings someone along unannounced. So I quickly wrap or bag an item I have previously received for the guest so they have a little something and don't feel awkward sitting amongst everyone with a gift in hand. Plus there have been times when I have given a gift directly to a homeless shelter, charity or added it to a drop box in the mall. I feel some else really could use it & need it more than me.

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I do it all the time. I either recycle and give to someone or just GIVE them away. I just need the crap out of my house. Especially the perfumes, lotions and soaps that smell like crap. I'm allergic to it. They really come in handy.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I recycle. I don't think that unwanted gifts (not unappreciated) should go to waste. Let someone else get some use out of them.

4. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Don.t do it any more. Once at a party for my sister, I gave a recycled gift, I had opened the box, the gift was nicely wrapped in bubblewrap. I closed up the box and wrapped it.My sister opened the gift, and unwrapped a engraved box with both my parnter and My names on it. All her friends started laughing that I was busted for recyled gft. That was 10 years ago I never did it since.

5. NYboy

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    double post sorry

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. M.sue

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

At least it was your sister!

8. NYboy

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Years later I ran into a woman that was at the party, first thing she said to me "so have you recycled any good gifts lately"

9. M.sue

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Now I think that reply was just down right tacky! I'm sure she has done it at some point in her life....I think everyone has. Recycled or donated to charity.

10. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    I don't but only because years ago I gave my brothers wife (now ex wife) a very pretty wind chime. The next year she gave it back to me, not realizing that I was the one that gave it to her. It had a small card in the bottom of the box about where and how the chimes were made. She must not have known this. I told her, with a big smile, how much I loved it (I wouldn't have given it to her if I didn't!) then asked her where she got it. I swear, she went on forever with some story she made up as she went. I never said anything to her. I was just happy to get a nice gift from her since the year before I got a Chia Pet. I don't see anything wrong with re-gifting, just remember who gave it to you first!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by