Recycled Playhouse Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NoVA Chicks, Nov 29, 2009.

1. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Well, next to some of the creations on here this is rather lame, but I thought I'd share anyway. If you don't want to spend a lot and you're not too handy I think this is a pretty good option for a small backyard flock. It's also not too unsightly for the neighbors. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More info on our blog: http://oureggs.blogspot.com/2009/11/recycling-its-for-birds.html It's basically just the free playhouse plus some materials I had on hand. I used a staple gun and that was it. Very low tech. [​IMG] Hopefully our three little bantams will be happy there.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. floridamama

floridamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Polk City
    [​IMG] Hey you work with what you got, have given to you, find along roadside to work with. We have one almost looks like yours that our goats would run into and hide. Before it was theirs it was our yard dog's "house" he would never go into a real dog house so what ever works [​IMG]

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Whatever works! I'm in the process of putting a few of these together for my chickens as well.

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Anything can work with a little imagination...[​IMG] I'm sure your flock with love it!!!!!![​IMG]

5. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:You should delete the period after html - it's an dead end link with it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  6. NoVA Chicks

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Quote:You should delete the period after html - it's an dead end link with it.

Thanks!

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Nice! [​IMG] Can we see a pic of the lucky ladies? [​IMG]

8. NoVA Chicks

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Here's a picture from the night they spent in the house. They're bantam rumpless Araucana. From left to right, they're Bertha (14 month old hen who was picked on in her old flock), Amelia (the flyer who took off across my kitchen, 3 month old pullet), and Pat (3 months old, of questionable gender). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by