recycled tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Davidlonghair76, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Davidlonghair76

Davidlonghair76 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2013
    Salisbury N.C.
    hello all i have recently moved to the country where i can start keeping chikens.i joined this site a few weeks ago and it has sparked more of an intrest in the subject.and after doing some research ive decided to go ahead and do it while ,while i am in the country and not the city.so i,ve started to build a coop or tractor,anywho something i can keep the chickens in.My job does real good just to pay the bills,let alone come up with what seems to be a massive amount of scratch to build with.But however i do get other benefits,like scrap wood.I have gathered some pallets,some 5/8 moisture composite cut to a wide range of sizes.What i have on hand is some scrap lumber treated,and untreated,a few wooden fence posts,chainlink fence,and all trees i need.I sketched out what I thought I wanted it to look like,and come up with a plan.I knew that I wanted #1 a safe house from weather and preditors,a moveable house,easy clean,and easy maintain.well it will take a little while to complete,but I have been working on it little by little.Now I am doing research on particular breeds that will suit my needs.Looking at Plymoth Rock and Dominique...What yall think?
    [​IMG]
    yes that is a slide out drawer you see with my nesting box behind it.

2. Davidlonghair76

Feb 16, 2013
    Salisbury N.C.
    havent figured out how to post mutible pics yet

3. Davidlonghair76

Feb 16, 2013
    Salisbury N.C.
    anyway i have spent around $30 on hardware.

4. Davidlonghair76

Feb 16, 2013
    Salisbury N.C.
    coming along nicely
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the coop is 4'x4'x6.5'with the run being4'x10'x4' using all recyled materials except hardware.I have about $30 in it at this point.I plan on building a pipe feeder,and a nipple watering system.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by