Recycled Trampoline Tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tsiecz, Sep 16, 2011.

1. tsiecz

tsiecz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Pendleton,NY
    For those people looking for a economical way of building a chicken tractor(even a run), how about using an old trampoline frame.Most have wheels to move them and thats all you need is the hardware wire fence.Post on craigslist and see the what you can find,there is always someone looking to get rid of one. In these economic time we must be creative and reuse materials. Just a thought! Good Luck.

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Good suggestion! [​IMG]

3. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

great idea! That would give you LOADS of room, too! Only down side I can see is that the wind could take off with it, but otherwise, the frame work is done. (and a lot of people don't have to worry about wind like I do) I think zip ties would be your best friend in this case to go around all the curves. [​IMG]

4. hydroswiftrob

hydroswiftrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    My Coop
    Thanks for the idea! I was about to throw a frame away.

5. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:Very creative!! I like it.

6. hawcer

hawcer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2011
    Excellent idea! As mentioned above...be sure to stake it down so it doesn't blow away.

I've been eyeing my boys old massive play/swing set he's almost out grown to modify into a A-frame runner and roosting coop.

It has two swing bays so it would have over 20' of run length, plus it has the covered(roofed) tower I could put walls on to make a nice two story coop.

7. tsiecz

tsiecz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Pendleton,NY
    Another reuse for a swing set and its great idea.It much better than going to a land fill. Keep coming up with more reusr ideas and keep post them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by