Red acting strange. Eggbound?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by matt1898, Mar 11, 2014.

1. matt1898

matt1898 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    Just noticed this yesterday. This one red keeps her feathers "puffed" like she is cold(all day) and has a lot of discharge from her vent. Her last little poop was very wet, not solid at all. Haven't had a chance to watch her until now. She still eats when I toss her a treat but she just doesn't seem quite as active as the rest. She has been getting out and about, however, when I open the coop to let them into the yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. matt1898

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    Just went out there and tried to catch her to pick her up. She unpuffed her feathers, lol, and ran around like nothing was wrong. I think I am seeing things with her that aren't there. I'm going to feed them some oatmeal with ground up eggshell.

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  4. matt1898

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    Crap. I just let all the chickens out of the coop and they all ran out like it was a field day or something except for her. She was up under the walkway to the the coop just hanging out under the shade. I approached her and she ran away from me out from under the walkway but clearly she looks a little tired.AI had to leave immediately and then while walking away she went right back up under the shade.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by