1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red Bearded Silkie cockerel - 5 months

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooMummzy, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    It is the classic story of "he" was supposed to be a "she". Our 5 month old Silkie cockerel needs a home NOW since he has found his crow and we do not want another Silkie rooster. "Grinwald" is a beautiful red bearded Silkie boy who has been living the pampered life inside with our other Silkie. He is from a local breeder, tame, loving, healthy and would make a great pet or 4H rooster. He has a very nice head poof (comb and wattles are not visible) but does have a single comb. He MUST go to a home not a stew pot. If you are interested in him, PM me. No shipping, local delivery or pickup only.

[​IMG]

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Mine don't crow and are about five months. Too bad you live in Oregon I would love to have one since I don't think we have one. I really wanted one too.

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    My black Silkie rooster didn't crow till 8 months old - still barely crows; the white one before him crowed nonstop every 20 minutes lol. This one only crows in the morning - for now - but if I can find him a home where he can crow all he wants, I'd be happy.

4. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I know what you mean. I would love him but no cash for shipping and not planning on being in Oregon any time soon.

5. MeettheFlockers

MeettheFlockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I'd be allover him if I lived in Oregon. I have two red project silkie pens. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by