Red Breasted Geese Rare?

J's Orpingtons

Songster
8 Years
Nov 14, 2011
Somewhere in NI...
HI BYC , I was wondering does anyone know if Red Breasted Geese are Rare ?? I looked them up on the internet and they look amazing but it also said something about being in endangered !?? !
ep.gif
I have choose I'm definatly getting geese but was put off Chinese because some friends said they can be very aggresive towards kids ,,, But these geese seem small , Im asking this cause someone in my area is selling a unrelated pair ! But are they Rare and Endangered ?
hu.gif
Thanks heres a pic of some I found on internet :

111751_red_breasted_geese.jpg
[/img]

These are a exotic species. Yes you can own them. They are usually quite expensive. They are wild geese so they will be able to fly unless you clip wings or they are pinioned . Depending on your area you may have to have a permit. If you really like them and can care for them properly I say go for it.
smile.png

If it is a reputable breeder than this could be a great addition to your farm. However, i must warn you that some exotic geese are much to aggressive to be kept with other birds especially during breeding season.

That depends. Do you plan on just having the pair or keeping some of the babies?.Alsp are u just going.to have that species or do you plan on adding others?

If your only keeping the pair you wont have to have huge enclosure. However geese can be very destructive and.could over graze quickly if the pen is not large enough

Its no problem. Were all one big family here at BYC. We love to help each other out
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom